Official Information and Policies
WHAT IS YOUR ‘NO SHOW’ POLICY?
Because our doctors value their time with patients, Front Range Dermatology Associates has a no-show policy. You will be charged a $25 fee for any missed appointment where we have not been given 24-hour notice. Please be on time to your appointment as our doctors run a very tight schedule. Patients who miss more than three appointments may be subject to dismissal from the practice.
WHAT IS A BOARD-CERTIFIED DERMATOLOGIST?
A Dermatologist is a physician who has graduated from medical school and completed advanced training to become a medical specialist in the diagnosis and treatment of the skin, hair, and nails. To become a board-certified dermatologist, the physician must complete an additional three years of formal training in Dermatology and pass a certification exam. Successful completion entitles the dermatologist to be named a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
Dr. Hoover, Dr. Wilde and Dr. Stearns are board-certified dermatologists. In addition, Dr. Hoover and Dr. Stearns have completed a fellowship in dermatopathology and are pleased to be the only two physicians to be double board-certified in dermatology and dermatopathology in Northern Colorado.
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A DERMATOLOGIST AND A DERMATOPATHOLOGIST?
Dermatologists are able to recognize most diseases of the skin, nails and hair by their physical appearance or behavior. Sometimes, however, a conclusive diagnosis cannot be made without a biopsy. A dermatopathologist is consulted to examine the histology in order to get an accurate and conclusive diagnosis interpretation. Dermatopathology is a subspecialty of dermatology and surgical pathology. It focuses on the microscopic study of more than 1500 skin disorders and requires additional specialized training to attain the certification of board-certified dermatopathologist.
Dr. Hoover and Dr. Stearns are dual board-certified in both dermatology and dermatopathology. This is an advantage to our patients because our providers can correlate what is seen under the microscope to the patient’s clinical exam.
WHEN SHOULD I SEE A DERMATOLOGIST?
In the United States, more than 2 million cases of skin cancer will be diagnosed this year. The sooner a diagnosis is made, the easier it is to treat. The American Academy of Dermatology suggests that adults over age 40 visit their dermatologists yearly for a skin cancer screen in addition to self-examinations by individuals of all ages. Patients with a personal or family history of skin cancer should consider being screened earlier and more frequently.
In Colorado, we are at a higher than average risk for skin cancer. If anything on your skin is growing, changing shape or bleeding, you should see a dermatologist right away. Skin cancer has a high rate of cure if it is caught and treated early.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT AT MY FIRST APPOINTMENT?
- As you enter the office, you should expect to be greeted warmly and treated respectfully by the entire staff. If you are not greeted in a manner that makes you feel welcome and respected, please let us know.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment. We respectfully request that you turn off cell phones in the examination room.
- At your visit with a Front Range Dermatology provider, you should expect to feel comfortable as they examine you and address your concerns. After the exam, we hope to provide a diagnosis and discuss treatment options with you. Our philosophy is to involve our patients in the treatment process and we encourage you to ask questions.
- We accept cash, checks, or credit cards. If you need assistance with paying for a treatment, please talk to us before the treatment begins, and we will try to work out a financial plan with you. It is our hope and goal that you will leave our office feeling well cared-for by our staff.
WHAT CONDITIONS DOES FRDA TREAT?
There are an estimated 1500 skin disorders documented by the Academy of Dermatology plus an unlimited number of nail and hair conditions. Our providers are well prepared to treat them all. From rashes to wrinkles or cysts to cancers, Front Range Dermatology will make you look and feel your best.
Location and Office hours
Please specify which location you would like to visit when you schedule an appointment.
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
6801 W. 20th Street
Greeley, CO 80634
Directions from US HW 85:
- Head west on route 34
- Take a right on 71st Street
- Turn right at the stop light at 20th street
- After 0.2 of a mile, turn left into the office building complex that contains Points West Bank
- The complex is located between 59th Ave and 71st Ave on West 20th Street.
Directions from I25;
- Head east on US-34
- Turn left onto 71st Ave
- Take your first right onto 20th Street
- Turn left into the office building complex that contains Points West Bank
- The complex is located between 59th Ave and 71st Ave on West 20th Street.
Loveland Location (INSIDE THE BANNER CLINIC)
Banner Health Clinic
2923 Ginnala Dr.
Loveland, CO 80538
For those who cannot make it to Greeley, our providers have office hours in Loveland at the Banner Health Clinic (across the street from the Loveland Post Office).
4038 Timberline Road
Fort Collins, CO 80525
Directions from Harmony Road and Timberline Road:
- At corner of Harmony and Timberline, Go North on Timberline Road
- Turn Right on Caribou Street
- Take and immediate Left into parking lot BEHIND brick buildings
Fort Morgan Location (INSIDE THE BANNER CLINIC)
500 Main Street
Fort Morgan, CO 80578
Directions from I80 and Main Street
- Continue South on Main Street through West Platte Street intersection.
- Banner location is on the East side of the street
Insurance and Payment Policies
Complete understanding of, and cooperation with, our practice’s financial policy is an essential element of your care and treatment. For those insurance plans in which we participate, your pre-determined portion of charges set by your insurance plan (deductibles, co-pay and/or co- insurance) will be collected at the time of service. For your convenience we accept cash, check and major credit cards. Should you have any questions or concerns, our billing department will be happy to assist you.
Front Range Dermatology Associates will accept Medicare, Medicaid and most major commercial insurance plans. You can call the office or your insurance company to ensure this is the case if needed.
When you need to have your prescription refilled, please contact your local pharmacy first as there are often times additional refills allotted for your prescription that have been made by your physician. Front Range Dermatology Associates requires at least 48 hours to process all prescription refill requests. If a prescription needs prior authorization from an insurance company it will be handled in a timely manner. Please note that all insurance companies vary in the length of time it takes to process authorizations.
Our office will not refill a prescription for a patient who has not been seen in the last year, as it is not appropriate to refill prescriptions for patients who have not had adequate follow up visits. It is important for our providers to be able to monitor patient progress and use of medication.
We appreciate your cooperation and understanding regarding our prescription policies.
If you wish to receive a copy of your medical records, you will need to sign a medical records release form.
Front Range Dermatology Associates is committed to protecting your privacy. We do not share or sell your personal information with other organizations or businesses. We take extensive measures to maintain a high level of patient confidentiality. We follow privacy policies based on State of Colorado information regulations and guidelines.